What should I do about a sewage leak or if my property is flooded with sewage?
If you spot a sewage leak, a blocked drain or if your property is flooded with sewage, please call our Sewage Floodline on 0345 850 5959 immediately. We will aim to attend the same day.
It is important that you contact us each time a flooding event occurs.
If your property is flooded with sewage, you should take the following precautions to protect yourself and your family:
- avoid contact with sewage wherever possible
- wear protective clothing
- protect any cuts or grazes
- dispose of any vegetables or fruit growing in your garden if it is flooded
- keep your children away from flooded areas for at least seven days after the area has been disinfected
- consult your doctor if you suffer vomiting or diarrhoea following a flooding incident.