How can I find out where my water supply comes from?

Around 80% of the water we supply comes from groundwater sources in Wiltshire and Dorset. The remaining 20% comes from impounding reservoirs in Somerset.

The groundwater sources are natural underground reservoirs, known as aquifers. Aquifers store rainwater that has filtered through the overlying rock.

For detailed information about the water, visit our water quality checker page.