Can I apply for a discount if I receive benefits?

If you receive benefits you may be eligible for a discount on you water and/or sewerage bill.

If you’re a pensioner, you can apply for a discount if we provide you with water and/or sewerage services and all the adults in your household receive Pension Credit or the state pension is your (and their) only income.

WaterSure Plus can help you if you are on a low income and you have a water meter. It will put a limit on your charges for water and sewerage services.

You can apply if you receive a means tested benefit or tax credit as well as either:

  • child benefit for three or more children living at home under the age of 19; or
  • have higher than average water usage in your household due to a medical condition.

Find out more about how we can help you.